Mothers Naturally Awards
Mothers Naturally Award Winners for 2010!
The following Mothers Naturally 2010 awards were given at the Midwives Alliance conference October 14-17, 2010—
- Robin Lim —Inspirational Leadership Award
- Deja Bernhardt—Best Movie, "Guerrilla Midwife"
- Lorri Walker—Best Movie Honorable Mention, "Natural Born Babies-A Modern Birth Story"
- Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Elizabeth Davis—Best Book, "Orgasmic Birth"
- Ina May Gaskin—Best Book, "Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding"
- Amy Romano—Best Blog, Science and Sensibility
- In Memory of Amy Polk—For her Work, Passion, and Dedication to Midwifery and Women's Choices in Birth
L-R: Geradine Simkins (MANA President), Christy Tashjian (MANA 2nd VP), Robin Lim (Inspirational Leadership Award recipient) and Maria Iorillo (MANA 1st Vice President presenting the Mothers Naturally awards).
Ina May Gaskin receiving a "Best Book" award from Maria Iorillo.
Mothers Naturally Award Winners for 2009!
The following Mothers Naturally 2009 awards were given at the Midwives Alliance conference October 22-25, 2009—
- Childbirth Connection—for Outstanding Advocacy and Public Education in 2009
- Eugene Declercq—for Creative Media Award, 2009, "Birth by the Numbers"
- Flex Bed Company—for Creative Media, 2009 "Spanish Bed Commercial"
- Jennie Joseph—for Outstanding Community Outreach, 2009
- Jennifer Worth—for Outstanding Book, 2009, "The Midwife - A Memoir of Birth, Joy and Hard Times"
- Vicki Elson—for Outstanding Film, 2009, "Laboring Under an Illusion: Mass Media Childbirth Vs. The Real Thing"
Eugene DeClercq received his Mothers Naturally Creative Media Award for "Birth by the Numbers" pictured here with MANA President Geradine Simkins (left) and MANA 1st Vice President Maria Iorillo (right).
Jennie Joseph received a Mothers Naturally award for Outstanding Community Outreach in 2009 for her program of prenatal care called "the JJ Way."
Mothers Naturally Award Winners for 2008!
At the 2008 Midwives Alliance conference, Mother’s Naturally awarded the first annual Mother’s Naturally awards!
Nominations were accepted through the summer for books, movies, websites, or blogs representing excellence in the portrayal of natural childbirth and midwifery.
- The Business of Being Born, by Ricki Lake, Abby Epstein, and Amy Slotnick
- It's My Body, My Baby, My Birth, by Maria Iorillo, Harriet Storm, and Dina Maria Munsch
- The Art of Birth, by Shea Caprice
- Woman's Hands, Lion's Heart, by Carol Leonard
- Pushed, by Jennifer Block
- Birth, by Tina Cassidy
- Born in the USA, by Marsden Wagner
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin
- Welcome with Love, by Jenni Overend